Showcasing poignant, hilarious, and thought-provoking true stories from around the world, the Hot Docs International Documentary Festival features unique movie screenings this April 27 through May 7 in Toronto. With a corresponding documentary market and conference, this film festival is the largest of its kind in North America.
Watch outspoken stories unfold on the silver screen, crafted by outstanding directors who search for the truth with their cameras. Screenings take place at various venues around the city, including the TIFF Bell Lightbox and the restored Hot Docs Cinema – a century-old, landmark theatre. Buy full festival passes or opt for single movie tickets. Notable screenings at this year's Hot Docs International Documentary Festival include:
- My Scientology Movie – Behind-the-scenes look at a modern religion.
- City 40 – Secret stories of a Soviet-era city.
- Overruled – Four Afghan refugees work as ball boys at a tennis club in Tehran.
- Contemporary Color – Top music stars perform with color guard flag teams.
- Future Baby – Examines the future of natural reproduction.
- American Movie – Hilarious, lo-fi horror film cult classic.
- … plus many more.
Make your story worth telling when you stay at our stylish hotel, centrally located near the CN Tower, Rogers Centre, and a wide variety of Toronto events. Relax in a comfortable suite with 42" TVs, swim in the indoor pool, and unwind at the inviting lounge. Book your reservations today.