For 20 years, Kuumba has sparked discussions, entertained crowds, and honored Black History Month in Toronto. Now taking place on two separate weekends at Harbourfront Centre, this unique celebration features a dynamic array of performances and presentations.
Enjoy live music, dancing, comedy, spoken word poetry, panel discussions, and family activities during the weekends of February 3-4 and 10-11. Kuumba 2017 features several exciting highlights, including:
- Welcome Home Comedy Night with Trixx and Friends: Nick Reynoldson, Marc-Anthony Sinagoga, and Sterling Scott
- D'bi Dub Poet Performer & The 333 Fusion Reggae Band
- Afro-Fusion Workshop with Esie Mensah and The Black Stars
- Trey Anthony Stand-Up Comedy Act
- Denham Jolly Book Launch: In the Black
- Woke: Hip Hop and Soul Showcase
- … plus much more
Harbourfront Centre is located less than a kilometer from our downtown hotel, a luxurious choice for your stay in the city. With easy access to Toronto events, beautiful views, and exceptional service, we offer an elevated travel experience.
You'll also find decadent dining options, a state-of-the-art fitness center, plus stylish modern rooms that are designed to please. Are you ready to make your booking? Do you have questions? Our friendly staff is standing by to answer all your questions. Please contact us today at 1 (416) 597 1400 for more information and to book your reservation.